1 2 1/2 lb. broiler-fryer chicken
2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 large cloves garlic — finely chopped
* Cut chicken into pieces; cut each breast half into halves and remove skin.
* Heat margarine and oil in rectangular pan 13x9x2 inches in 375 oven until margarine is melted.
* Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
* Place chicken, meaty side down, in pan, turning to coat with herb mixture.
* Cook uncovered 30 minutes.
* Turn chicken; cook until thickest pieces are done, about 30 minutes longer.